Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
We collect personal data to provide appropriate pastoral care, to fulfil our purposes as a church and to comply with the law. In legal terms this is called ‘legitimate interests’. When it is required, we may also ask you for your consent to process your data. We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
• Personal information [such as name, telephone number, address and email address]
• Characteristics [such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth]
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation.
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold.
You also have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
• prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means
• in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: Lawrence Ovenden via firstname.lastname@example.org